A drive-by memorial will take place this weekend to commemorate the life of Robin Mercer-Sproule, a prolific multi-sport athlete who passed away early Saturday morning following a hard-fought battle with breast cancer.
Organized by family and friends of the late NWT Sports Hall of Famer, the memorial will begin at the Multiplex at 1 p.m.
Traci Mercer-Sproule, who married Robin after the two met through Yellowknife Women’s Hockey in 2014, is asking drivers to arrive outside the arena at 12:30 p.m.
She’s also asking participants to decorate their vehicles in red, white and black.
The memorial will take the following route:
- From the Multiplex, down Franklin Avenue before turning left at YK1.
- Past the Somba K’e Civic Plaza.
- Left on 48 Street by the Explorer Hotel.
- Along the highway until making a left on Old Airport Road.
- Right turn onto Borden Drive.
- Left turn on Herriman Road.
- Left turn onto Jeske Crescent, where the drive-by memorial will pass Traci and Robin’s home.