Employees at a downtown building have been forced to evacuate the area due to a suspected propane tank leak, NNSL Media is told.
Firefighters, arriving at 50 Street’s Finn Hansen building just after 1:15 p.m., closed a lane of traffic and cordoned off the area with red tape.
April Desjarlais, who owns the Finn Hansen build, told NNSL Media employees were evacuated as a precaution due to a what she believed to be a “slight leak” in the building’s propane tank.
Firefighters taped off the side area of the joined day shelter and sobering centre to ensure public safety in the surrounding area, a member on the scene told NNSL Media.
Updates to follow.