Advertisement

Employees at a downtown building have been forced to evacuate the area due to a suspected propane tank leak, NNSL Media is told.

Firefighters, arriving at 50 Street’s Finn Hansen building just after 1:15 p.m., closed a lane of traffic and cordoned off the area with red tape.

April Desjarlais, who owns the Finn Hansen build, told NNSL Media employees were evacuated as a precaution due to a what she believed to be a “slight leak” in the building’s propane tank.

Firefighters taped off the side area of the joined day shelter and sobering centre to ensure public safety in the surrounding area, a member on the scene told NNSL Media.

Updates to follow.

Advertisement

Brendan Burke

As the Yellowknifer’s crime reporter, it’s my job to keep readers up to speed on all-things “cops and courts” related. From house fires and homicides to courtroom clashes, it’s my responsibility...

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.